- NCAA consensus first-team All-American in 1959
- All-American Recognition: 1957 (UP3) and 1959 (Associated Press 1st Team, Converse 1st Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 1st Team, United States Basketball Writers Association 1st Team, UP2)
- Ranked among the nation's leading scorers in 1957 (63rd) and 1959 (80th)
- Leading rebounder and second-leading scorer for 1958 NCAA champion (23-6 record)
- Named to 1958 All-NCAA Tournament team
- Averaged 18.9 points in eight NCAA Tournament games from 1957 through 1959 (6-2 record)
- Selected by the New York Knicks in fourth round of 1959 NBA draft (30th pick overall).