- NCAA consensus second-team All-American in 1954
- All-American Recognition: 1951 (Associated Press 3rd Team, Converse 3rd Team, UP3), 1952 (Converse 1st Team, Associated Press 2nd Team, UP2) and 1954 (Converse 1st Team, Associated Press 2nd Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 2nd Team, UP2)
- Ranked among the nation's leading scorers in 1952 (66th) and 1954 (54th)
- Second-leading scorer for undefeated 1954 team that bypassed national postseason competition (25-0 record)
- Second-leading rebounder and fourth-leading scorer for 1951 NCAA Tournament champion (32-2)
- Averaged 11.2 points in six NCAA Tournament games in 1951 and 1952 (5-1 record)
- Selected by the Boston Celtics in first round of 1953 NBA draft
- Elected to Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1981.