- All-American Recognition: 1972 (Converse 2nd Team, National Association of Basketball Coaches 2nd Team)
- Academic All-America as senior
- Ranked among the nation's leaders in field-goal percentage in 1971 (2nd) and 1972 (8th)
- Ranked among the nation's leaders in free-throw percentage in 1971 (6th) and 1972 (16th)
- Second-leading scorer and third-leading rebounder for third-place team in 1972 NCAA Tournament (29-5 record)
- Averaged 20.3 points and 5.8 rebounds in four NCAA Tournament games in 1972 (3-1 record)
- Averaged 14.5 points in two NIT games in 1970 (eliminated in first round) and 1971 (Carolina won championship although he missed remainder of NIT after suffering a knee injury in first-round game)
- Selected by the Boston Celtics in second round of 1972 NBA draft (27th pick overall, did not play in league). Selected by the Carolina Cougars in first five rounds of 1972 ABA draft.